Sunday, March 27, 2011

Getting Back on the Bandwagon

I'm afraid I haven't been doing very well lately. Last week I gained back the 3 pounds I'd lost the week before. I partly contribute that to starting my period the evening before the morning I weighed in... I'm not going to get too down about it. But even so, I just haven't been careful about eating. I haven't been focused. I even binged one night. I ordered a stuffed crust pizza and bought two slices of cake from the grocery store (Confession: If I could have afforded it, I might have purchased a whole cake.) The good news is, the pizza wasn't that great. It didn't stop me from eating 2/3rds of it, but it did stop me from eating the rest the next day. I woke up the next day and had oatmeal for breakfast and made a relatively healthy bean-based dish for lunch/dinner. Since then I have been doing better. I have been snacking wayyyy too much, but not on anything overwhelmingly disgusting for my health. I'm pleased to find that even though I'm struggling to keep my portions under control, I haven't been totally ridiculous about the foods I choose (excluding the pizza...)

Anyway, my new favorite oatmeal is peanut butter & jelly. Hot oats, one heaping tablespoon of natural peanut butter and one tablespoon of strawberry preserves. It tastes just like the classic sandwich. I like it even better than the cold PB & banana oats I was into last week.

Anyway, that's all. I've been avoiding blogging because I've been embarrassed. Tomorrow is a new day. I'm going to do some form of exercise tomorrow.. FOR SURE! No excuses. I'm ready. I'm craving it. I think it's the new push I need. I think I'm going to walk to the stadium and do some laps and stadiums... that will definitely wear me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment